Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunday Scribblings - Art - 2/6/09

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the prompt “ART” was a line from a Bare Naked Ladies song:

If I had $1000000
I’d buy you some art (a Picasso or a Garfunkel)

After that initial stream of consciousness, I thought about this very broad and general word. Any activity can actually be considered an art form. A doctor is involved in the healing arts. Throwing a football accurately and in a tight spiral is a work of art, as is catching it. The concept of art is too complex for me to get my feeble mind around.

Art is very personal and,like beauty, is definitely in the eye of the beholder. When I seriously considered what the word art meant to me, only one image appeared in my mind’s eye. To me, the most amazing painting ever to touch canvas. I realize that you all know that it was painted by a tortured soul. When considering posting this painting here, I knew I would be remiss to not include the beautiful song that it inspired. They go together magnificently.

I have included 3 versions of this song here in case someone should spend more time scrolling down my blog looking for brilliance. It should take about that long to realize there is none to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment