Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Scribblings - Solace - 7/27/08

The Sunday Scribblings’ prompt this week is “solace”. I could write something romantic about the ocean or southern summer nights providing solace, but that would not be entirely true. I do not take solace from religion, as so many do. I take solace from food. This may seem innocent enough, but food addiction is just as deadly as heroin. It would probably be all right if I was comforted by celery or sprouts, but unfortunately, I am soothed by only the most unhealthy of foods. As a doctor once said, “if it tastes good, spit it out.”

I love pasta, and my favorite is the most deadly of all, spaghetti carbonara. For those unfamiliar, it is basically pasta loaded with bacon, eggs, and cheese.

I am particularly fond of grilling a good steak,

fried foods,

and shellfish dipped in butter.

I love dessert.

If someone addicted to crack is a crack head, I am a grub head.

The problem, other than the obvious blocking of my arteries, is that the comfort is short-lived. I am depressed so I eat, then I am dejected because I eat.

I was going to write more, but I made myself hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment