Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday 13 - Favorite Sad Country Songs - 4/24/08

As I get older I listen to more and more country music. I still love classic rock but there is not too much new music that catches my attention other than country. I am all about the words and country music not only has great lyrics but you can actually understand them. So today’s Thursday 13 is some of my all-time favorite SAD country songs. But I warn you: If you listen to the songs I have listed, do not have any sharp objects or firearms within reach. Some of these will rip your heart right out of your chest. I am not sure why, but these songs make me feel good. Maybe it is because I know that no matter how bad my day is going, my life is much better than the poor bastard that wrote these lyrics. There are many to pick from. I picked the first 13 that came to mind. They are in no particular order. I am listing the singer of the version I like best regardless of who wrote it. Pause my automatic music and have a listen.

1. Hurt – Johnny Cash

2. Concrete Angel – Martina McBride

3. Sunday Morning Coming Down – Johnny Cash & Kris Kristofferson

4. Whiskey Lullaby – Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss

5. He Stopped Loving Her Today – George Jones

6. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry – Hank Williams

7. How’s The World Treating You – James Taylor & Alison Krauss

8. Paint Me a Birmingham – Tracy Lawrence

9. Love Me – Colin Raye

10. Don't Close Your Eyes - Keith Whitley

11. A Bad Goodbye – Clint Black & Wynonna Judd
Clint Black & Wynonna A Bad Goodbye

12. The Dance – Garth Brooks

13. Do You Believe Me Now – Vern Gosdin

No comments:

Post a Comment