Friday, June 8, 2007

Music of the Night - My apologies to Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber

Pinehurst in My Dreams gave me a prompt because I was bitching that Poetry Thursday had gone on hiatus and I need a kickstart to write. She chose "bullfrog". At first I thought how stupid of a prompt that was, but in a few minutes I came up with this.

Music of the Night

Each night outside my window
A cacophony of sound
Natures orchestra Serenades me
It’s instruments abound

Crickets provide percussion
While calling to their mates
Owls ask their eternal question
Their vocals captivate

And when I stop to listen
I can’t help but rejoice
Providing bass and baritone
The bullfrog adds its voice

So open up your windows
To the music of the night
You won’t need a sedative
To relax ‘til morning light

Though sometimes out of rhythm
And usually off key
The creatures of the darkness
Provide a symphony

No comments:

Post a Comment